I found a paper ornament tutorial at DCWV Diary and knew I had to try it out for myself. Its a beautiful and simple project that didn't take very long to complete.
- Thicker card stock paper
- Template ( you can find a template at DCWV or create your own. I ended up free handing the template to look very similar to the one found on DCWV )
- Cardboard ( optional )
What to Do
- Print and cut out your template. At this point I traced in onto cardboard and cut that out to be used as my final template. I found it was easier to get the same shape on three pieces of paper using the cardboard.
- Trace three shapes onto your preferred choice of paper and cut out.
- Fold each shape in half.
- Glue all three together by gluing the left side of one shape to the right side of another.
- Trim any access overlap so that all edges line up perfectly.
- Add ribbon and any other embellishments you like.
Word of the Day: Butted paper joint
Joining two webs of paper placing them end to end and pasting a strip over and under to make a continuous sheet without overlapping.